Spinach is a leafy herbaceous annual plant. The leafy plant has simple leaves which stem from the center of the plant. Loaded with tons of nutrients, protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. ‘Palak’ or spinach are fresh, spoon shaped leaves that comes in a low-calorie package that can be used in divergent ways since it’s tender, crispy that are succulent. It is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable.
Tips to incorporate more Palak (Spinach) into a daily routine:
- Add Palak to pastas, soups, and casseroles.
- Lightly sauté Palak in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Season with freshly-ground black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add Palak to a sandwich, wrap, or flatbread.
- Make a dip with the leaf, including artichoke dip or goat cheese dip.
- Add a handful of fresh Palak to an omelet or scramble, or throw a handful into a smoothie.